Thursday, March 12, 2009

Points, points, and LESS points. . .

Well, I'm getting back on the bandwagon that I bailed from about 6 months ago! I'm counting points again (weight watchers points, that is)! :) I pretty much quit working out and watching what I ate--for who knows what reason!?? It all happened slowly of course, but I still recognized it and didn't do anything about it. Dave and I were trying to figure out what makes the difference, why are we able to do so good sometimes and not others? I'm not really sure what it is, but the other day I realized how UNCOMFORTABLE I was in my clothes and decided enough was enough!! Why was I letting myself feel this way? So, something clicked on inside and I have a renewed desire to get healthy again. I hope I will keep it up forever this time. How do you all keep your fires lit?!! :)

6 comments:

  1. Well, first I have to say that you look amazing no matter what! I thought about posting on my blog how much weight I'd lost that week to try to motivate myself, but, as you can see, I haven't done it. I think public humiliation works pretty well, though. It's just so hard to get and stay motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I'm very motivated in the exercise department. There's something about being strong (you know this too:)...it feels great! If I let myself go during the winter then I can't enjoy hiking in the summer, so that keeps me motivated. But...eating well...ugh! I do really well eating my whole grains, plenty of fruits and veggies and good protein, but the sugar, oh how I love it! It makes me feel so happy. Hence the last 25-30 lbs...I'm sure I'll never lose. I get a bee in my bonnet and will cut it out for a while but then I find myself feeling like I've earned a little taste of it, but it never lasts long. You do look great! I love your gorgeous long hair and have I mentioned you have the best legs...dang girl! You are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was once a Weight Watchers Chick as well, but it didn't last long! I got so sick and tired of counting the points, and who really has time to sit and count out points when kids are screaming because they're hungry! Needless to say, I quit, and at first I did gain some weight back, but then something clicked inside me too and I started making better eating choices. It also helped that Jamen got in on the "better lifestyle" change! He is getting ready to join the army and has some weight to lose, so with him motivated, it motivates me! We now eat a lot of salads, with chicken, and plenty of fruits, and for dinners, only one helping! I make desserts every now and then, and I also buy treats from the store, but never something that you can sit and eat everything in one sitting! We're doing well, I've lost 7 pounds, and Jamen's trimming down as well. All I can say is, eat good, and the rest falls into place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing WW right now, after having the baby... I also did it after my mission and got to lifetime before I got pregnant...50 lbs later, I decided I needed the structure again. For me, although recording the points gets cumbersome at times, I really need the accountability. I guess that's what motivates me, and knowing that I did it before, so I can do it again (even though I have further to go this time).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only thing that keeps me going is looking back at the pictures of me a few years ago and knowing that I don't want to go back to that. I really do feel better after working out, even though I totally don't want to do it beforehand and even hate it while I'm doing it. But fitting into those skinny jeans and feeling good about yourself is totally worth it! Good luck getting back on the wagon, you can do it! I can't wait to see less of you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for WW!!! The fondue the other night was my downfall!! I have been "crappy eater" since. Ugh. I need to keep my motivation too. I want to start jogging. I thought about joining a gym...but I don't want to spend any more $$!!! Jogging outside is FREE!!!

    ReplyDelete